Friday, February 24, 2006

Open windows,Closed doors...

Got not,what I sought;
Sought not,what I got.
Yet no tears or remorse;
Over open windows,closed doors.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

so many desires untold , yet to unfold? ...

The Spotless Mind !!! said...

it's damn cool and perfect

Harish Suryanarayana said...

In true form , I exist ;
Life is all like morning mist
As i look out , to chart my course ;
Over open windows , closed doors .

N said...

@ani
what are those untold desires?? Something's cooking??

@ the spotless mind
Thanks!! a meek effort that was..

@harish
Wow!!!

Freespirit said...

It is amazing how one can speak volumes in minimum number of words..great poem. I guess as you grow older you realise the beauty of life lies in its unpredictability.

Ramya said...

great lines indeed!..well, here's a meek attempt.

Though I have nothing to call mine,
my heart assures me i will be fine
i move on,if to unknown shores,
Over open windows, closed doors.

N said...

@ freespirit
thanks.. penned it in C slot.. Somehow, for long wanted to write something on this theme"Open windows,Closed doors".

@Mary Ray Lieu
Wowww!!I guess you cannot call it a meek attempt!!

Anonymous said...

u r turnin into a real creative poet!! never read a poem which speaks so much in 4 lines!

Harish Suryanarayana said...

Totally lost in bliss sublime ,
No dawn , no night, no track of time
Sweet whiff of earth as rain pours ,
Over open windows , closed doors .


Great premise for a poem . Could not stop myself :) .

N said...

yup.. you can make the stanzas sound blissful,optimistic,apathetic,hopeful and so on.. lets try stanzas in as many moods as we can :)

Gayathri Chandrashekar said...

Over open windows, closed doors,
Sits a kokila lulling with her verse.
She will seek what she has thought,
Hopes without tears will give what not!

N said...

@ anon
that creativity of mine is evanescent!!!!

@gayathri
You are definitely fascinated with the kokila.Do you sing too?
And,again,nice lines there!!

Gayathri Chandrashekar said...

Yeah I used to sing like a solitary reaper whenever Iam blessed with solitude!!!